The first is about a girl in my class. She is SUPER tiny and nicknamed "the little one". She has told me numerous times that "Ya se leer" or "I know how to read now". Her excitement in learning is an inspiration. The 1st graders have not yet learned to sit in their seats, and we constantly are reminding them. The little one will come up to me throughout the day in the middle of class, reach her arms up to me and say "beso" (kiss) and wrap her sweet arms around my neck and give me a kiss on the cheek. She is a beautiful reminder of His love and why we might be here.
During recess today I was swinging with another little girl backwards on my lap, and she was playing with my cross necklace and she said "I have one too, in my house." I love their noticing of Jesus in so many aspects of the day. The theme for this summer is "Yo veo Dios" or "I spy God", and they never cease to let us know when they do.
One last thing. I swing with the little one almost every day, and she leans her sweet head on my chest, and I seriously think I've never had a more peaceful moment. God is working in her little heart and has made her MARVELOUS and has blessed me with being able to see that.
Have a wonderful Independence Day weekend!
Mom, I love you.
All my love,
Elizabeth
No comments:
Post a Comment