Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm here!

Happy Father's Day!

I have been here in Monte Plata, DR for about three days now. We were in training last week in Jarabacoa, and then separated to our locations a few days ago. We start school tomorrow; first grade. I am teaching with two Dominican young women who are very sweet. We are very excited, but I have heard the 1st grade class is a bit rowdy; pray that they are eager to learn and willing to listen and participate!

It is beautiful here. Every single Dominican I have met is absolutely stunning. I live with Sarah, another intern, and Rebekah, a full time missionary, on the school grounds. We have two Dominican girls living with us as well. Thank you everyone for your support, thoughts, and prayers. I can hardly believe I am here but am truly excited for the next five weeks. We have driven around town quite a bit, and the poverty here is unlike anything I have seen. Yet so many people smile, talk with you, and are truly eager to help. It's a beautiful place to be.

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying your summers with your family. Have a blessed Father's Day and talk with you soon.

All my love,
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment